Thursday, June 5, 2008

Me, Myself, and Tour

Hello friendly readers out there! Christie Ali Schwartzman here, nice to meet you (if I haven't already). I was inspired by my cast members', Paul and Alissa, blogs that I had to create one of my own. Since I'm not the best at keeping in touch with everyone, I figured this would be a cool way for people to see what I've been up to.... and for other people to read about my amazingly interesting life.
Well to start off, I am truly blessed to be a part of the Backyardigans Live! National Tour. I was running out of time for the deal with my parents. I told them I wanted to put college on hold for a year or so to have time to audition. "I can always go back to college, but I can never get my youth back." SOLD.
And the story goes: numerous final callbacks thennnn NADA. I was begining to get so discouraged that I didnt even want to audition anymore when Backyardigans called and offered me a part. TA DAHH! And my blog begins....

May 26, 2008 my amazing boyfriend- I LOVE YOU POPEYE!!!!!- drove me into NYC from Toms River, NJ to start my journey across America. I was immediately put at ease after meeting the cast and finding no crazed maniacs but actually a fun loving buncha people. (so far) ;) And the BUS. Let me just say thank you Nickelodeon!!

(pictures stolen from Paul's blog- thats Alissa on the couch) Front lounge area- Two couches, a flatscreen TV that you cant see from this view, a kitchen area and table... where I find we hang out most of the time watching our amazing Grey's Anatomy marathons.
Bottom pic- our bathroom that is forbidden to have any number 2's in there. So if you need to, you will have to ask the driver to stop somewhere. Embarassing, huh?
Top pic- Our bunk beds. that top one is mine, and there are six more bunks on the other side. At first I thought I'd feel uber chlostrephobic (sp??) but I've actually slept later than I have in a long time in my little bunkie. Also, each bunk has its own DVD player in each- saaaaweeeet!!
And then theres the back lounge room. Same thing as the front, more couches and a flat screen TV. This is where people go that are tired of Greys Anatomy marathons. haha.
I love that bus. I've decided we need to name her... or him... it. I'll get back to you on that when we've got one. This has officialy been a longer blog than I expected it to be and I have to take a break. I'll post about my first week's adventures later on.
Backyardigans Live! National Tour- the start of my professional career. Ahh, I am living the American Dream.
love love!
Christie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl.

it may have said in this blog, but what are u on tour four?


<3keith

Unknown said...

hey sweetie,I am so happy to hear you are loving it. I would like to be touring with you, work isn't half the fun. Do they need any replacements? I can't wait to see you,the house is quiet without you. Sunday we are celebrating Tyler's birthday. He'll be 15 on June 10. Hugs and kisses from your mama.

Unknown said...

hey christie girl !!!

i am sooo excited for you and your new adventure..and yes i love'd sex in the city too...fabulous !! hurry back and we can have our own cosmo party with your mom and of course aunt dianna...she loves those things !!

love ya
Lydia

deb zim said...

Thanks for keeping me updated. i love that i am included. I will forward to monica. It sounds unbelievable. I am glad everything is working out. Enjoy each and every experience. Till next time. xoxox deb p.s. i too am in on the martinis!

kidblinkk said...

hey thanks for the comment love! keith- its Backyardigans Live! National Tour of this Nickelodeon kids show.
mom- we dont need any replacemnts but ill put in a good word...
lydia and debbie- yay martinis!!!

sue said...

hey christie.

sounds like you are having alot of fun! the pictures are great! my boys think the bus is cool...not sure about having to stop for #2 tho!!! take care, sue

ps i saw cleo the other day...think she misses you:(

Unknown said...

Hey bobina!!

Sounds like your havin fun! We miss your over here. I can't wait to see you at MSG!!I know your brother and sister miss you and say hola ;o) Luv U Adios...Dad

managergoddess said...

Hi Christie,
I loved reading about your adventures and look forward to many more for you. Broadway is just a few shot steps away.
Keep up your rosy outlook and contagious laughter which makes people love to be around you.
Break a leg (please don't!!) and enjoy every moment of your tour.
You deserve it and worked very hard to get this "lucky".
See you in NY.
xo
R