Thursday, June 5, 2008

Oh, the places you'll go...


It's been a week and three days on tour so far and I've seen six cities. Buffalo, NY-Syracuse, NY- Boston, MA- Norfolk, VA- Salem, VA- and I am in Wallingford, CT right now. In Buffalo me, Paul, Alissa, and Laura saw the great Niagara Falls. One word: breathtaking.
That last picture was from when we paid ten bucks to get up close and personal with the Falls. Not a bad deal, huh? If you squint your eyes you can see that the red railing goes all the way up to that waterfall in the middle of the picture. Yup, we were there. Stood right underneath it. Screamed a little, danced a little, got DRENCHED... it was exhilirating.


I bought some postcards to send to people but the next few days I was so busy learning the show I only had time to eat,sleep, and make a few phonecalls. I learned the entire show by thursday of that week. Yup, two days, a few hours and BADABING- I know the show. (Thanks to the amazing teacher Alissa Alter!)



We were only in Syracuse (sp??) for a day then it was off to Boston. I wish I had taken pictures there, but my camera was dead and I was too lazy to find a place to get batteries. But it is a very cute city. Cleaner and quieter than NYC. It was a busy weekend in Boston, two 3 show days back to back on Saturday and Sunday. I went on for my first time on Saturday Night..wooohoo! Then, that night a bunch of us went to a funky restaurant for Alissa's farewell dinner and then me, Laura, and Lareisha saw..... drumroll please....... SEX AND THE CITY!!!!




OMFG how I LOVE those ladies! It was sooo great to see them on the big screeen!!! The audience was great... opening song started playing and everyone applauded. For anyone who saw it or has been obsessed with the show like myself, Steve and Miranda's story in the movie was my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I loved all of them in it. Carrie is FABuLOUS as well as Samantha and Charlotte. But Steve and Miranda...that one scene.... melted my heart. I saw it for a second time today with Paul..... I cant get enough!!!!


Then monday we were in Norfolk, VA and on our day off me, Laura, Paul, and Creigton went to Virginia Beach and met up with some other people. Paul lost in a game of not it and got buried in the sand, we swam in the freezing cold water, went to an oxygen bar, got some ice cream and just walked the boardwalk.


Lovely beach, lovely people, lovely day.

Then we went to Salem,VA for a day. There was not much of anything to do in Salem (at least not in walking distance) so we watched a marathon of Grey's Anatomy until the show that night then we drove to Wallingford, CT which brings us up to date. Phewwww!

Today is our day off then a long day of rehearsals tomorrow. I cant wait till we get to NYC next week- I miss my family and friends and Vinnie <3

Until next time.... peace and love :)

Christie

"Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."

Sex and the City

2 comments:

The Babka Nosher said...

So... How was the oxygen bar?

kidblinkk said...

the oxygen bar was refreshing but not worth 15 bucks!